Wednesday, May 30, 2012

The Zuda Entry that Never Was

Below are the pages for a Zuda entry which never made it in. Zuda closed up shop days after this was sent in. The idea, Japanese Demon Killers, was based on an idea the artist had come up with. He gave me the basics which I took and layered with tons of Japanese mythology and folklore. I'm not sure there's another work, before or since, for which I've done as much research.

I think the final product is ok. It has it's flaws. The writing is stiff and forced in a few places, but overall I enjoyed working in it's world. I think it had potential, though I think anything with a masked Japanese wrestler who wrestled gods has potential. Also it contains a haiku and Vincent Price. Enjoy...or not.








1 comment:

  1. I think I once saw some character designs you had for this one, but never knew what it came from. Cool to finally see it in all it's gory glory.

    ReplyDelete